Friday, March 12, 2010


Living in New York, I can’t imagine why anyone would choose to eat at a fast food chain restaurant. There are unlimited choices, not all overpriced. But when I travel, I know that sometimes, fast food is the only option.

But now, believe it or not, I am compelled to seek out Taco Bell. The chain recently launched a Drive-Thru Diet Menu that even has a vegetarian option. The Fresco Bean Burrito has a salsa of tomatoes, onions and cilantro instead of a thick cheese covering.

The bean burrito has 8 grams of fat and 340 calories – the same as the steak-based burrito supreme – and is surprisingly tasty. I would prefer a whole-grain tortilla to the white flour tortilla, but still, this is a step in the right direction for the chain, which urges people to ‘think outside the box.’

2 comments:

  1. I personally think the bean burrito could use a bit of assistance, but coming from NYC myself I've been spoiled by Chipotle. Also I found this video on how to eat veggie at Taco Bell which is pretty awesome:
    http://www.defecational.com/general/how-to-order-vegetarian-vegan-at-taco-bell-w-and-then-there-were-none-attwn.html

    -Tami

    ReplyDelete