Friday, February 3, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 17


The David Barton gym is the very antithesis of the Y. This gym, which generously offers a full week of access with the pass, has thick, warm towels, free-form wooden benches in the locker room and amenities like razors and mouthwash. Of course, because this is Chelsea, where the beautiful NYC people are.

This is also where one of the most intense classes, is, Melt, run by a former marine. We start with a full 5 minutes of jumping jacks, speeding up at the end, and move right into strength training and more cardio.

As happens at every other boot camp I've been to, everyone talks to each other - between gasps and pants - which is nice, since as a gym gypsy, I know no one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post
    jennifer nicole lee

    ReplyDelete