Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 31


Manhattan Plaza Health Club has it all: a huge pool, a climbing gym, several studios for classes, and separate floors for weight training and cardio.

What it doesn't have is towels.

That is, free towels. You have to rent one. This ordinarily wouldn't be a problem, but my daughter lost her lock and took mine, so I ran to the gym with a credit card, a Metrocard, and a change of clothes, which I left unlocked. No towel.

And the amazing class I took, where we used gliders to increase the intensity of the core work, left me dripping with sweat.

No one in the class had a towel to mop up his sweat, so the floor was a puddle and pretty gross.

I had to shower, so I shivered while I air dried and used my credit card to buy a new lock on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment