Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 39


What a difference a few blocks makes.

New York Health & Racquet Club
on West 56th St is a thoroughly modern gym, unlike its more dated sibling just a few blocks downtown.

Same basic set-up, with a glorious, large pool in the basement. Same attended locker rooms and amenities.

But upstairs - state-of-the-art equipment, from elliptical machines with individual screens to my personal fave, bosu balls.

And a huge variety of classes. This may be why, at the same time as the New York Health & Racquet Club I went to yesterday, this club was packed, and the other nearly empty.

But not too crowded. Just minutes before a noon-time spin or boot camp, you could get a spot in either. I'd forgotten my water bottle, so I decided boot camp would be easier.

And more like the Marines, who can train for over 45 minutes without needing to hydrate.

I soaked my tired muscles afterward in the hot tub, then used that cool little spinner to extract the water from my bathing suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment