Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fitness Challenge: Day 61


The appeal of a gorgeous pool is often lost on me, since I can't swim. But I like the idea of taking an aqua fitness class since it forces me into a pool.

So a filthy pool is not for me.

Luckily, a private school The Berkeley Carroll school, in my Park Slope neighborhood, opens its doors to its Brooklyn neighbors. And the pool is a beauty.

The four-lane 25-yard pool is mainly for students, of course, but during off-hours there are classes for adults and neighborhood kids.

The enthusiastic aquatics fitness instructor led is through a series of difficult exercises, though it is hard to judge how much you are sweating when you are already wet.

The facilities include very clean, modern locker rooms. Could be an incentive to learn to swim

No comments:

Post a Comment