Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Winter Skin & Family Travel

Sunscreen is not just for summer. Whether your family vacation is taking you to the Caribbean or Hawaii (lucky you) or the ski slopes, your skin still needs protection. MDSolarSciences provides broad spectrum UVA-UVB protection in non-greasy, non-comedogenic, water-resistant formulas. The Natural Mineral Screen Stick SPF 40 is great for travel; stash it in our bag or ski jacket. And kids can use it to easily apply sunscreen to their face and lips. If your kids, like mine, prefer a spray, the organic Quick Dry Spray SPF 40 offers great sun protection.
For travel Another handy sunscreen to stick in your jacket pocket, or carry on an airplane, is Adventuress sunscreen swipes. These individually wrapped wipes are fragrance and paraben free, so they are perfect for sensitive skin. And you don’t even have to remove your gloves to apply the SPF 30 sunscreen. Each packet has a finger pocket so there is no muss, no fuss – just great UVA and UVB protection. The swipes have aloe vera and vitamin E to soothe skin while they protect. The cold weather can dry skin out, so restore it with Udderly Smooth moisture rich creams. These were developed to soothe cow’s udders, but you might want to focus on how the cream moisturizes chapped skin. Giveaway! One reader will win a one12-ounce jar of Udderly Smooth Body Cream, one 4-ounce tube of Udderly Smooth Udder Cream, and one 8-oz. jar of Udderly Smooth Shea Butter Foot Cream. To enter, comment below on how you keep your skin moisturized in winter. Note: I received samples of these products free of charge but received no compensation for this post.

3 comments:

  1. I have the HARDEST time keeping my skin moisturized in the winter. I'm very fair skinned (a freckle faced Irish girl), so in the summer I'm hyper aware and always slathering something on. In the winter, I think I just forget. Maybe what I need is a really good product, one that makes up a bit for my absentmindedness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh--this would be fabulous for our upcoming ski trip. I have had the worst time lately keeping skin moisturized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are learning very quickly how cold weather can dry out skin since our move from humid Florida to very dry Colorado. I am still trying to find the perfect product so I am going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete