Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fitness: Your Healthy Pet


After pledging to keep my dog healthy through the emBARK on Pet Health campaign I volunteered with my children at Spring Farm Cares animal sanctuary in Clinton, NY.

At this shelter and adoption center, you spend a little time cleaning and then get to play with kittens and help socialize them. The sanctuary is near Hamilton College, where my older daughter is a senior, and students who miss their pets from home often volunteer here.

My daughter volunteered here so many times that she got my brother to adopt to the kittens from Spring Farm Cares, pictured here.

In the NYC region, these shelters received pet health kids from the emBARK on Pet Health campaign:

Bergen County Animal Shelter and Adoption Center
100 United Land
Teterboro, NJ 07608

Humane Society of Atlantic County
1401 Absecon Blvd
Atlantic City, NJ 08401

Guardians of Rescue
34 E. Main St., Suite 303
Smithtown, NY 11787

iI you haven’t already, take the pledge at the emBARK on Pet Health site.

No comments:

Post a Comment