Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Gluten free? This bar's for you


Finding a tasty gluten free - and delicious - energy bar just got easier.

TahiniBar, which is also dairy free and Kosher, is a 'super seed energy bar.' the sesame seed bars come in vanilla, cocoa nibs and pistachio flavors, though the dominant flavor in all is tahini. Or, if you grew going to Jewish delis, halvah.

But a TahiniBar is not dessert [actually, when I was a kid, I said that halvah wasn't a dessert. I've since reassessed]. The 100 calorie bars are high in vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium and zinc. 

Although they taste sweet, the bars are low in sugar. I tried them before a long distance run and found they gave me energy. They can also satisfy if you are feeling peckish during the day, or while traveling. Note, though, that the cars are rather soft and may crumble if you squish them in a bag.

TahiniBar is made by Absolutely Gluten Free.

Note: I received a sample of TahiniBars. Opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment